Brussels Sprouts & Cherry Tomatoes

Snow in the mountains and sun on my fading fall garden. Only the brussels sprouts look lively. I wonder if they will make it until Christmas??? My mother has a wonderful recipe for marinated brussels sprouts and cherry tomatoes which we often make during the holidays. One of my favorites.

Marinated Brussels Sprouts and Cherry Tomatoes

Cut brussels sprouts in half and cook until tender but not soft

Marinate brussels sprouts for four hours in:
1 t mustard
1 t worchestershire sauce
1/2 t dried basil
1/4t dried thyme
1/4 t fresh ground black pepper
Salt to taste
1/4 c red wine vinegar
1 c olive oil

Toss into marinated brussels sprouts just before serving:
2 c cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 c diced green onions (though I usually omit the green onions)

No comments: