Springtime in the Rockies

Yes...it's the same clump of daffodils that sits in front of my kitchen garden. This time covered in snow. It's hard to believe that just yesterday I was out in lovely, mild weather planting seeds. My Uncle Bob used to say "it's springtime in the Rockies". And my Mother always reminds me that his phrase came from a 1940's song. Whatever the source of inspiration.....one thing remains certain....springtime in the Rockies is always a varied affair. As I reminded my husband, who raised his eyebrows at the weather this morning, it's been known to snow on Memorial Day and the Fourth of July in our valley. I've also known people whose whole gardens have been striped bare by a sudden, isolated hail storm in the middle of summer. Gardening in the Rockies is not for the faint of heart.

No comments: